The Problem – We live in a rapidly changing world
One thing is certain in today’s business world and that’s rapid change. The rate of change is constantly accelerating. Technology is changing almost on a daily basis and business models are continually under threat, due to increased competition and globalisation. Strategies and plans are changing rapidly.
Consequences of a rapidly changing world
- Organisations can no longer survive on traditional left-brain thinking capabilities. Right-brain thinking capabilities are equally as important
- Crisis mode has taken priority, resulting in very little time for thinking about fresh ideas
- Management has taken priority over leadership, leaving people uninspired
- Competition is intense. Collaboration is suffering
- Organisations and individuals are busier than ever, struggling to find meaning and purpose in their work
The organisations that will be successful in today’s world are the ones that learn how to develop the agility ability. The agility ability is the key capability needed for organisations to thrive in the modern world. Agility is the business superpower of the twenty first century.
Agile organisations are healthy, innovative and collaborative organisations, run by inspired leaders and managers. Agile organisations are great places to work and provide people with a sense of meaning and purpose. In agile organisations, productivity and flexibility rule over busyness.